We believe that great teaching can close the achievement gap. We believe that great teaching at its core is both intellectually challenging and dependent on the ability of teachers to forge strong and genuine interpersonal relationships with their students. Therefore, we direct all of our resources toward creating a culture that reveres great teaching, develops it, and supports it. Our salary table pays approximately 15% above LAUSD, with salaries beginning at $57,000.
- English Teacher (6th/7th grade)
- Math Teacher (6th/7th grade)
- Social Studies Teacher (6th/7th grade)
- Special Education Teacher (6th/7th)
- Enrichment Teacher (6th/7th grade)
Note: All positions are for the 2017-2018 school year.
IF YOU JOIN US:
- You will be supported by a team of excellent teachers. Together, you will collaborate to close the achievement gap for all of our students. You will share curriculum; co-plan lessons; provide ongoing feedback to each other; and brainstorm to solve scholar-specific and classroom-wide challenges.
- You will have the freedom to innovate, designing the curriculum and lesson plans that meet the specific needs of your scholars. Unlike many charter schools, California Collegiate does not require that teachers use an off-the-shelf curriculum or script. Instead, our teachers create and adapt the materials that best suit the needs of their classroom.
- You will be free to focus on instruction – without the distraction of additional administrative responsibilities or disruptive student behavior. Our culture of high expectations results in a structured, safe school environment in which both teachers and students respect the importance of learning time.
- Use real-time data to understand exactly what each student knows and does not know as you move them on the path to mastery.
- You will spend one afternoon a week and four weeks a year in teacher-driven and teacher-designed professional development sessions. You will be an active participant in these sessions, shaping their focus and providing critical feedback to your fellow teachers.
Think we may be the right fit? Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.